- We ship from October thru May using the US Postal Service Priority Mail.
- If you would like a faster mail delivery... Please call. We have other options available and prices vary depending on the carrier.
- During the summer months (May 15 th thru end of Sept) we only offer Fedex overnight (Next Day Air) to ensure product quality.
- The following applies to our shipping.
- All assortments will be shipped within a day or two of receipt when possible. If you wish a particular date, please let us know. We will try our best to ship by requested date!
- We want your order to arrive in the best condition so we do reserve the right to wait to ship until the best favorable conditions.
- If temperature en route to destination is over 70° we recommend you order 2 ice packs and a quicker delivery method.
- Sometimes we will contact you if the shipping method will be inadequate.
- As much as we would like to hand deliver the chocolates all the way to you sometimes truffles may be damaged enroute, and this is out of our control. Please tell us, and we will see what can be done to contact the people responsible.
- Due to any holiday rush we may have to substitute flavors if we run out but rest assured they will be very similar and just as delicious and addictive.
- Orders received after Dec 18 may not make it by Christmas. We will try but remember all chocolates are hand-dipped and made in small quantities to insure freshness. Thanks for understanding.
- Sorry, no returns, but contact us if there are any problems and we will do what we can to put a smile back on your face
- Included with each order are instructions on the care of your Truffles.
Please let us know if there is any problem with an order. This is how we learn and grow up to be the best chipmunks we can be. We also like good reviews and will share them on this site – with your permission, of course.
Enjoy, and remember they are best eaten with a loved one, but it is also OK not to share!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How should I store my chocolates? Can I refrigerate them?
A: Ideally, our truffles prefer to be eaten as soon as possible. However, if you can resist the urge to eat them immediately, they will taste fresh for up to 2 weeks if they’re kept out of the sun at room temperature (not exceeding 70°F, and 60% humidity). For more extended storage:
- Up to 2 months: place package in 2 plastic bags, close tight, and refrigerate.
- Up to 6 months: use same method and freeze.
- To thaw: keep chocolates in the plastic bags until the entire package has reached room temperature. From the refrigerator, this takes about 2 hours; from the freezer, about 6 hours.
Q: Do you have any gluten-free products?
A: With the exception of our cheesecake truffles and Peanut Crunch truffle, all of our truffles are gluten-free!
Q: Do you sell sugar-free chocolates?
A: We offer Milk and Dark Chocolate sugar-free wafers.
Q: Can I ship internationally?
A: Yes! We’re happy to ship to countries outside the United States.
Q: Do you offer gift certificates?
A: Yes, they can be purchased online, by phone, or at our shop.
Q: Is Chubby Chipmunk a franchise?
A: No, we’re a single, privately owned store in Deadwood, SD with an outlet also at the Hotel Alex Johnson in Rapid City.
Q: Can you send me a catalog?
A: Unfortunately, we aren’t able to offer print catalogs yet. However, both our year-round and seasonal product lines are available at www.chubbychipmunk.com.
Q: Where can I find descriptions of your truffles?
A: Stop by our Truffles page for a detailed list of all our truffle flavors.
Q: Are all of your chocolates handmade?
Q: Where are the truffles made?
A: All of our chocolates are created and hand-dipped at our shop in Deadwood, SD.
Q: Do you offer tours of your factory?
A: Unfortunately, we don’t offer tours at this time.
Q: What do I do if I have a nut allergy?
A: Avoid our products that feature nuts; if you’re unsure about a truffle’s ingredients, you can always check with us.
However, please be aware that our chocolates are manufactured in a facility that handles peanuts, tree nuts (almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, and macadamia nuts), milk, and wheat products, so there may always be a risk of ingesting traces of these products.
Q: Does your chocolate contain soy lecithin?
A: Soy lecithin is an important all-natural emulsifier in chocolate products that keeps the cocoa and cocoa butter from separating, so yes, our chocolate does contain it. Our suppliers are in process of converting this ingredient to sunflower lecithin.
That being said, our Fortunato #4 does not contain soy lecithin. Find out more about this rare chocolate discovery by clicking on the Fortunato #4 tab.
Q: Do you make charitable donations? How can I make a donation request?
A: Please read our policies on donations under About Us.